Where are you heading and how will you get there?
As Lewis Carroll famously wrote, “If you don’t know where you’re heading any road will take you there.”
And so it is for any business without a clear, compelling and future focused strategic plan.
Unfortunately, many business planning workshops are largely a waste of time and money. Taking your key people out of the business to create a strategic plan is vital and expensive. Yet all too often these workshops and retreats end up being not much more than lengthy ‘talkfests’.
Everyone leaves with great intentions and good will but nothing much changes or happens when they return to the ‘busyness’ of work. If this sounds all too familiar, it’s likely you’ve been taken hostage by one or more of these:
COMMON STRATEGIC PLANNING SABOTEURS:
- Poor Leadership
- Unclear goals and outcomes
- Wrong people in the room – key decision makers are absent
- Hidden agendas driven by vested interest
- No shared vision
- Complex business planning process – unclear strategic plan
- Lack of accountability and commitment to sustain change and achieve results
Thankfully, you don’t need to fall victim to Strategic Planning Saboteurs any more!
6 SIMPLE STEPS TO SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS STRATEGY
Traditional Strategic Planning is way too complicated and over-engineered, leaving your people overwhelmed and confused. P2R Strategic Planning follows these simple steps:
ASSESS THE PRESENT
ENVISAGE THE FUTURE
SET THE DIRECTION
UNITE THE TEAM
ACTION THE PLAN
ACHIEVE THE GOAL
STRATEGIC DIRECTION SETTING AND BUSINESS PLANNING
P2R Strategic Planning support ensures your team:
- Creates a clear vision and compelling strategic plan
- Sets achievable goals and agrees the priorities
- Makes firm decisions
- Develops an outcome oriented action plan that’s fit for purpose
- Assigns and accepts responsibility
- Successfully solves the inevitable challenges that arise along the way
- Commits and follows through to deliver on their vision
P2R STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLANNING APPROACH
Create a plan that delivers results
Working closely with you, I’ll guide and support you to:
- Assess where you are – what works, what doesn’t and what’s held you back in the past
- Determine where your business is heading – your business potential, aspirations and goals
- Decide who must be involved and how – key decision makers, influencers and important stakeholders
- Design a ‘fit for purpose’ strategic plan and enable your team to deliver it
- Do the right preparation – ensures attendees come fully prepared and ready to make decisions
Supporting you every step of the way, until your goals are achieved, I provide:
- Facilitated Business Strategy Workshops – design, clarify and agree your Strategic Direction and Strategic Plan
- Strategic Direction Coaching – 6 → 12 months Business Coaching to make the change stick (focus, accountability and independent, objective support)
- Team Performance Coaching – keeping your team on track to deliver on the vision
Strategic Planning is one of your senior leadership team’s most important responsibilities. Done right, it will open the door to unlock your organisation’s potential.
What would you love to achieve, if it were possible?
“Thank you to Caroline for your energy, drive and patience with us. We set an ambitious target of defining our purpose, setting our vision and working out how we could achieve it. After a very full and draining day, I am proud of what we achieved as our foundation and particularly the spirit in which we all got there.”
JP, Business Services Manager, Utility Company